As a result of the inclement weather, 3 of the sessions were canceled. They have added an additional session on Wed March 11 at the Baltimore County Public Library in Catonsville from 10am to 12 Noon.
If you are unable to attend one of the sessions, you can go online and complete the survey. The link is provided below. https://bcps.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8ldGFcIRvRtJwEd
BCPS plans series of community forums to solicit magnet school feedback
What: Baltimore County Public Schools will host a series of eight community forums in early March 2015 to solicit opinion about recommendations relating to the school system’s magnet schools and programs. The proposals are the result of a Magnet Task Force that was charged with examining the county’s magnet programs and providing recommendations for the program’s future. Those who are unable to attend one of the forums may contribute their viewpoints on an upcoming online survey.
When & Where:
- Tuesday, March 3, from 7 – 9 p.m., at Woodlawn High School, 1801 Woodlawn Drive, Woodlawn 21207
- Wednesday, March 4, from 7 – 9 p.m., at Kenwood High School, 501 Stemmers Run Road, Middle River, 21221
- Thursday, March 5, from 1 – 3 p.m., at the Library County Campus Metro Centre at Owings Mills, 10302 Grand Central Avenue, Owings Mills 21117
- Thursday, March 5, from 7 – 9 p.m., at Milford Mill Academy, 3800 Washington Avenue, Milford 21244
- Tuesday, March 10, from 1 – 3 p.m., at Dundalk CCBC, Roy N. Station Building, Room 202, 7200 Sollers Point Road, Dundalk 21222
- Tuesday, March 10, from 7 – 9 p.m., at Sollers Point Technical High School, 1901 Delvale Avenue, Dundalk 21222
- Wednesday, March 11, from 7 – 9 p.m., at George Washington Carver Center for the Arts and Technology, 938 York Road, Towson 21204
- Thursday, March 12, from 1 – 3 p.m., at the Cockeysville Public Library, 9833 Greenside Drive, Cockeysville 21030
Background: Feedback from the online surveys and community forums will be used to determine how best to assess the magnet school program and which recommendations to bring to the Board of Education for its consideration.
Please share this information with your local members. You do not have to have a child in the magnet program, it is open to all parents.
Additionally if have not had a chance to complete the BCPS Stakeholder Satisfaction Survey the deadline has been extended to midnight March 8.
Emory L. Young
PTA Council of Baltimore County