Reflections is a National PTA Arts Contest that provides students opportunities to express themselves creatively by creating original works of art inspired by a pre‐selected theme.
It’s easy to participate! Think of the theme HEROES AROUND ME, prepare an entry in one or more of the 6 categories, submit your entry or entries on or by December 3rd. There will be a drop box in the JES lobby from November 19 to December 3. Please be sure to attach the local student entry form. Winners are selected at School, Baltimore County, State, and National Levels.
How Do You Enter?
- Complete the 2018‐2019 PTA Reflections Student Entry Form for each entry (Please be sure to include an artist statement in order for your entry to be submitted as we are not able to submit your work of art without one);
- Review the Official Participation Rules; and
- Review the Category Rules for the category in which you would like to enter.
Local Student Entry Form and Official Participation Rules:
Local Student Entry Form and Participation Rules:
- Local Student Entry Form – http://mdpta.org/documents/Appendix22018-2019MarylandStudentEntryForm.pdf
- Official Participation Rules – http://mdpta.org/documents/18-19ReflectionsOfficialRules.pdf
- Category Rules – http://mdpta.org/documents/Appendix3RulesSheetsforSixArtsAreas.pdf
- Special Artist Division Rules – http://mdpta.org/documents/Appendix4SpecialArtistDivisionRules.pdf
Please read and follow the Official Participation Rules and Category rules carefully.
Your work will be reviewed by experienced arts and education volunteers. Judges look for the following:
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
In your artist statement, tell us about your work and what it means to you.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
ENTRIES ARE DUE: In the JES lobby on or before December 3rd.
Please remember to sign and attach a completed entry form including the artist statement to each submission.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Mary Beth Railey or Dawn Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org.